Laparoscopy, the inspection of the abdominal cavity using a rigid endoscope, has been used to assess abdominal and pelvic organs for many years.
KARL STORZ recognized the potential of laparoscopy at an early time. For decades, we have been developing an extensive and highly differentiated range of endoscopes and instruments in the fields of internal medicine, general surgery, urology, gynecology, and pediatric surgery.
The standard surgical repertoire now includes a wide range of laparoscopic surgical procedures. With more than 5500 products developed in collaboration with users, KARL STORZ covers the entire range of diagnostic and surgical procedures.
State-of-the-art urology is inconceivable without the diagnostic and therapeutic techniques of modern endoscopy.
Hysteroscopy for diagnosing and treating intrauterine diseases has become a routine procedure in today’s hospitals and increasingly in physician’s offices as well.
Please visit www.karlstorz.com for more information.
Highlights in Laparoscopic Surgery
The New Trocar Generation from KARL STORZ
The new trocar generation combines single-use and reusable components. In line with the KARL STORZ company philosophy, the cannulas and trocars were designed with reusable components in mind. The valve seal is intended for single use.
Ergonomic shape of the trocar ensures safe and comfortable handling during placement of the trocar
One-piece sealing system for single use (package of 10)
Minimal friction between the valve seal and the instrument
Considerably reduced weight and good balance thanks to the newly designed plastic trocar housing
Color coding for clear identification of different sizes
Available in the sizes 2.5 mm – 13.5 mm
New Flexible Trocar Generation
The new trocar generation from KARL STORZ has been expanded to include flexible trocars for use with curved instruments. The flexible trocar system is available in two sizes (6 mm and 11 mm) and with two different trocar types (pyramidal and conical-blunt).
- Flexible cannulas for use with curved operating instruments
- Can be combined with ROTATIP® instruments with jaw and sheath rotation
- Ergonomic shape of the trocar ensures safe and comfortable handling during placement of the trocar
- One-piece sealing system for single use
- Minimal friction between the valve seal and the instrument
- Color coding for clear identification of different sizes
CLICKline Single-use Scissors
The new single-use scissor inserts can be combined with all reusable handles in the KARL STORZ CLICKLINE series, providing a practical solution for regular use or as a backup system.
- Scissor blades are always sharp, resulting in optimal cutting effect
- Inserts sterile-packed in individual blister packs and delivered in packages of 10 in a dispenser box
- Proven scissor blade designs
- Cost-effective solution: “Single-use meets reusable”
- Color coding allows clear identification of the single-use components
CLICKline Single-Use Working Inserts
The new cost-efficient combination possibility in laparoscopy
A selection of CLICKLINE working inserts for single use is also available now. These new CLICKLINE single-use inserts can be combined with all reusable handles and outer sheaths (length 36 cm, diameter 5 mm). Due to the modular CLICKLINE system, the user can individually assemble the desired instrument at any time.
- Selection of the most commonly used KARL STORZ CLICKLINE working inserts for single use
- Diverse combination possibilities
- “Single-use meets reusable” – a cost-efficient solution for laparoscopy
Rotating Bipolar Grasping Forceps and Scissors in sizes 3.5 mm and 5 mm
The new generation of ROBI® instruments allows precise work on tissue. The enhanced instrument design and the materials used ensure the highest mechanical stability. The new handle design with the enhanced force limiter prevents the jaws from overloading. Color coding on the forceps insert and the handle enables clear identification of the new modular ROBI® components. .
- Available in sizes 3.5 and 5 mm
- Robust joint mechanism in conjunction with the force limiter ensures powerful, yet safe grasping
- Insulated outer sheath, 360° rotating
- Modular design for optimal cleaning
- Wide range of jaws
BERCI Fascial Closure Instrument
To prevent the risk of hernia, large trocar sites should be closed after laparoscopic interventions. KARL STORZ offers a special reusable fascial closure instrument for this purpose.
- A simple, cost-effective solution for trocar site closures
- Integrated grasping forceps facilitate the passing and retrieval of sutures during wound closure
- Another possible application in laparoscopic hernia surgery for the fixation of the synthetic mesh to the abdominal wall
KARL STORZ TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® Flexible Rectoscope
The flexible TROIDL SILVER SCOPE® rectoscope combines the fundamental advantages of flexible endoscopy with the application possibilities of rectoscopy.
- Working length of 40 cm ensures easy handling
- Up to 210° inversion improves visualization and, consequently, diagnostic and therapeutic options thanks to forward and retrograde viewing
- Field of application especially suited for surgical conditions and procedures in the rectal area
- Fatigue-free work thanks to ergonomically shaped control unit
- Possibility to combine rigid and flexible endoscopy thanks to modular IMAGE1 S camera platform
NATHANSON Liver Retractors
The new NATHANSON liver retractors are particularly characterized by a large and atraumatic surface area.
- Large surface area for the stable retraction of the entire liver
- Fatigue-free retraction when used in conjunction with a mechanical holding system
- Available in three sizes
Instrument Set for Minilaparoscopy
Minilaparoscopy has now become a popular surgical technique as this method – also in hybrid procedures with standard instruments (diameter 5 mm) – represents a flat learning curve for the user and enhanced cosmetic results for the patient.
- Complete instrument set for minilaparoscopy (diameter 3.5 mm) available (trocars, unipolar and bipolar instruments, suction-irrigation systems, suture and ligature instruments)
- Modular design: 3-part dismantling instruments for maximum hygiene and variability
- Diverse combination possibilities thanks to a wide range of jaws with various outer sheaths and CLICKLINE handles
- Additional stability due to combination with metal outer sheath
- Rotating bipolar instruments (diameter 3.5 mm)
The flexible video choledochoscopes from KARL STORZ allow exploration of both the intra- and extrahepatic bile ducts as well as the surgical removal of gallstones.
- “Chip-on-the-tip” technology for excellent image quality*
- Compatible with the IMAGE1 S platform and backward-compatible to IMAGE 1 HUB™ HD
- Menu navigation via camera head (e.g., Picture-in-Picture)
- Minimal sheath circumference – 2.8 and 5.3 mm
- Infinitely adjustable deflection up to 270°
- Direct transmission of hand movements through to the distal end
Highlights in Laparoscopic Gynecology
KECKSTEIN Uterine Manipulator
The versatile KECKSTEIN uterine manipulator makes gynecological surgery in the lower pelvis easier and safer. Presentation of the operative field during hysterectomy as well as organ-preserving surgery, e.g. in the case of endometriosis, is greatly enhanced in comparison to conventional manipulators thanks to the possibility of anteflexion and retroflexion of the distal tip and cap. Various configurable atraumatic inserts for interventions in reproductive medicine or oncology offer the operating surgeon completely new surgical possibilities.
- New reusable seal for Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Anteflexion and retroflexion of the distal tip and the cap
- Atraumatic inserts for organ-preserving interventions and surgical oncology
SupraLoop – Bipolar Loop Now Available
For laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy
In addition to the well-known SUPRALOOP unipolar loop, we now offer a bipolar SUPRALOOP for the removal of the uterus in supracervical hysterectomy.
- No neutral electrode necessary for the bipolar SUPRALOOP
- Loop available in two sizes
- Reduced operating time thanks to quick removal of the uterus
- Additional cost savings thanks to reusable handle and outer sheath
Highlights in Laparoscopic Urology
- Complete, matching instrument set for minilaparoscopy:
- HOPKINS® II laparoscopes (diameter 3.3 – 5 mm)
- CLICKLINE scissors and dissecting and grasping forceps
- Ergonomic and especially light trocars
- Electrodes for coagulation (unipolar)
- Stable KOH needle holders
- Instruments for suction and Irrigation
- RoBi® – rotating bipolar instruments for minilaparoscopy: diameter 3.5 mm, 36 cm and 20 cm working length
- CARVALHO low-friction trocars: due to the absence of silicone valves, a frictionless insertion of instruments is allowed as well as precise preparation