In such cases, support with spatial orientation is particularly helpful for the surgeon. The optical and electromagnetic navigation systems from KARL STORZ provide surgeons with excellent support in otorhinolaryngology and skull base surgery. During the procedure, the position of the instruments is continuously determined through optical navigation, where glass markers or reflectors are attached to the instruments, or electromagnetic navigation, where micro coils are integrated in the instrument tip.
Years of experience in instrument manufacture ensures the smooth and ergonomic integration of navigated instruments into the clinical routine.
“This webpage content is intended for Healthcare Professional only, not for general public”
Please visit www.karlstorz.com for more information.
Easy and safe navigation with KARL STORZ
- High precision thanks to sensors in the instrument tips
- Compact design for easy integration into the OR
- User-friendly control concept with few interaction steps
- Navigation in excellent HD image quality
- Planning and monitoring of risk structures with intraoperative Distance Control
- Automatic and reliable documentation of the navigated procedure
- Regular and free-of-charge software updates
NAV1™ electromagnetic Instruments
Precision meets cost-effectiveness
- Low follow-up costs thanks to reusable EM instruments in proven KARL STORZ quality: 30 autoclave cycles guaranteed!
- Display of complete instrument geometry in the patient’s radiological data
- Large range of navigated FESS standard instruments that can be used in parallel
Cost efficiency meets mobility
Benefits of NAV1™ pico
- Very light and thus suitable for mobile use
- Smallest camera system of the new generation with compact and powerful computer
- Very economic thanks to patented autoclavable and therefore reusable glass spheres and instruments
- User-friendly interface – short learning curve thanks to clearly defined control elements and menu navigation
- Wide range of conventional as well as motor-driven navigation instruments in the proven KARL STORZ quality
ENT Navigation Software 5.6.0 with Intraoperative Manual Registration Refinement
The new software tool for precise navigation
Manual registration refinement following patient registration using landmarks or surface matching can be activated while navigation is in progress. Navigation is thereby not interrupted and the navigated instrument continues to be displayed. Following activation, an additional landmark can be set to adjust the registration accuracy.
Benefits of intraoperative manual registration refinement:
- Correction of inaccuracy – particularly depth inaccuracy
- Intraoperative setting and processing of landmarks without interrupting navigation
- Eliminates the need to set additional landmarks; these can be set intraoperatively at the position of the site where the inaccuracy is identified
- Possible to reject manual registration refinement at any time without interrupting navigation – navigation can continue with the initial patient registration
ENT Navigation Software Version 5.6.0:
The new ENT Navigation Software Version 5.6.0 is available as an update on CD for all KARL STORZ navigation systems:
- NAV1™ electromagnetic
- NAV1™ optical
- NAV1™ pico
A KARL STORZ contact person will install the update directly on-site and demonstrate the new software tool “manual registration refinement”. All further software tools are retained and will continue to be used.
Following the software update, the new manual registration refinement tool can be used intraoperatively in order to optimize depth!