KARL STORZ has made significant contributions to the field of airway management in intensive and emergency medicine in recent years and decades. Particularly for dealing with the complex area of the unexpected difficult airway, KARL STORZ offers a whole range of instruments that can help to minimize the occurrence of complications related to difficult airway management, while at the same time affording optimal viewing conditions.
The broad range of products from KARL STORZ is the company’s trump card. In addition to conventional laryngoscopes, flexible intubation fiberscopes and the BONFILS retromolar intubation endoscope, the C-MAC® video laryngoscopes in particular have become established on the market. The accompanying C-MAC® monitor is at the heart of the complete system which allows the connection of all intubation endoscopes and all C-MAC® video laryngoscopes as well as the newly developed flexible intubation video endoscopes (FIVE). Specifically designed for prehospital settings or fully mobile use, the C-MAC® PM (Pocket Monitor) is available as a waterproof video unit.
“This webpage content is intended for Healthcare Professional only, not for general public”
Please visit www.karlstorz.com for more information.
The Video Laryngoscope for Single Use that Meets the Highest Hygiene Standards
The C-MAC® S video laryngoscope has the same outstanding features and all the familiar benefits of the reusable C-MAC® video laryngoscopes while meeting the highest hygiene standards. In contrast to other video laryngoscopes for single use, the blade and handle form one continuous piece which significantly reduces the danger of cross-contamination, even in the case of high-risk patients. The ergonomically designed imager can be reprocessed at temperatures up to 65 °C and thus completes the hygiene chain. In line with ISO 7376 standards, the C-MAC® S video laryngoscope features high tensile strength and is extremely robust.
- Blade and handle form one continuous piece: Optimum protection against infections
- Imager can be reprocessed with a high-level disinfection method up to 65 °C
- Three blade types: MACINTOSH #3, #4 and D-BLADE with short handle
- Extremely sturdy plastic material with high tensile strength
- Compatible with the C-MAC® monitor and C-HUB®
- Ergonomically designed handle and imager
C-MAC® Video Laryngoscopes for Pediatrics and Neonatology
For solutions that fit: The new MACINTOSH 0
To meet requirements for pediatrics and neonatology, particularly when dealing with the difficult airway, the C-MAC® video laryngoscope portfolio has been expanded to include the MACINTOSH 0. Five different blades are available for video laryngoscopy in pediatrics and neonatology: MILLER 0 and 1, MACINTOSH 0 and 2 as well as D-BLADE Ped. Thanks to the extremely low blade profile and the optimal distance from the camera to the distal tip, the new MACINTOSH 0 and the enhanced MILLER 0 are particularly suitable for the intubation of premature babies.
- Particularly flat model, especially suited for neonatology
- For direct and indirect laryngoscopy
- For routine clinical use and training
- Specially shaped and shortened handle for pediatrics and neonatology
- The new C-MAC® PM connecting cable provides more room to maneuver
C-MAC® Video Laryngoscope
We define the premium class
When KARL STORZ decides to update its highly successful C-MAC® product line with the fifth generation of video laryngoscopes, customers can rest assured that this will involve more than just superficial updates to the existing chip technology. The outstanding feature of the latest C-MAC® platform generation is its universal C-MAC® system interface. The end result is a new system that is even more flexible and offers the user numerous options for airway management.
- New standard in image quality thanks to more than 70 years of experience
- Reprocessing possible up to 93 °C – the C-MAC® video laryngoscope sets new standards
- Universal C-MAC® system interface specially adapted to airway management
- The highest ergonomic requirements – specially designed and shortened handle
- Robust and lightweight: High stability and resistance to impact; light metal construction
- One-button control with BlueButton for documentation
C-MAC® PM – Pocket Monitor
The C-MAC® PM is as easy to handle as a direct laryngoscope but offers all the advantages of video laryngoscopy. The robust and practical C-MAC® PM is ideal for prehospital use. The OTI display allows easy handling and is ready for use without delay. Quality is assured as the C-MAC® Pocket Monitor provides real-time documentation of images and video sequences. The Pocket Monitor was specially developed for prehospital and clinical emergency situations; its 3.5″ monitor can display a high-contrast image, even in bright daylight. It can be used with all endoscopes with a C-MAC® system interface and therefore ideally complements the C-MAC® system.
- 3.5″ OTI display with wide viewing angle of 160°
- High-contrast images, even in bright daylight; completely waterproof (IPX8)
- Real-time documentation with the BlueButton for quality assurance
- Exchangeable and rechargeable battery pack – uninterrupted readiness
- Meets the high standards of emergency medicine (DO-160 F)
- Universal C-MAC® system interface, specially adapted to your airway management
The Guide Rod for the C-MAC® Video Laryngoscope
The C-MAC® Guide is an ideal aid for easy placement of the endotracheal tube with the C-MAC® video laryngoscope. The angle of the guide rod is adapted to the special blade shape of the D-BLADE. Furthermore, gliding properties are enhanced thanks to the special surface structure. The new guide rod can be utilized if the tube used requires additional stability and, if necessary, can be formed into the desired shape by the user. The C-MAC® Guide is suitable for use with both D-BLADE and C-MAC® MACINTOSH blades.
- Reusable guide rod made of stainless steel with atraumatic tip
- Total length approx. 31 cm; package size: 10 items
- Distal region adapted to the blade shape of the C-MAC® D-BLADE
- For use with endotracheal tubes as of size 6.5 mm
- Integrated tube holder for Fixation
LED Laryngoscope for Single Use
The Laryngobloc is a cold light laryngoscope for single use. Thanks to its monoblock design, it is very robust and features excellent rigidity. At the same time, the entire laryngoscope can be discarded along with the handle so that the highest hygiene requirements are maintained in the case of high risk patients. Furthermore, the reusable battery insert can be removed along with the protective cap without the risk of contamination. The LED battery insert provides extremely bright, white light that enables optimal illumination of the oral cavity during direct laryngoscopy. The Laryngobloc is available in various standard blade sizes and shapes – MACINTOSH, MILLER and OXFORD – as well as different handle types.
- High tensile strength and highest hygiene requirements (latex-free Polypropylene (PP))
- Various handles: Standard, slim and stubby
- Various blade shapes: MACINTOSH, MILLER and OXFORD
- LED with a service life of 50,000 hours
Cold Light Laryngoscopes for Pediatrics and Neonatology
For solutions that fit: P-GRIP™ handles for every size
KARL STORZ offers a wide range of blades in every size, for even the smallest patient. All laryngoscope blades conform to ISO 7376. Both slimline and stubby handles are available either with Xenon lamps or LED technology. Straight blades are preferred in pediatrics and neonatology which allow direct displacement of the epiglottis and provides direct and better visualization of the vocal cords.
- Fully autoclavable blades and handle sleeves
- Adequate illumination, even in adverse light conditions
- Clearly recognizable structures thanks to clear white light
- Virtually no self-discharge of the rechargeable batteries
- Two different handles, specifically for pediatrics and neonatology
- Many different blade shapes and sizes (MACINTOSH, MILLER, PHILLIPS, specially designed blades for pediatrics)